Saturday, June 27, 2015

My week!

5/16/15


Well this week went pretty well :) Yes I got a little trunky after talking to you guys but it was the last thing that I did that day so it was all good because we went home, planned and slept and the next day I was all fine again :)

Monday I wrote in my journal!!!! :) That was a huge accomplishment because that is the first time in a long time that I have actually written. We went to one of our investigators house. Their toddler, Dylan, was a little sick so we gave him a blessing :) I love Dylan! He is two years old and he loves the missionaries! He always wants us to play with him but that day we was acting all sick just laying on the bed watching Rio. We would start messing with him and he would just try to look past us to watch the movie. The best part was my companion started pretending to hit his stomach and he just broke up into laughter :) There just isn’t anything that can make you smile like little kids laughing :) It was really funny!  Then we gave him the blessing. We went back there on Thursday and he was doing just fine :)

Also these investigators are from Ecuador so they speak in portãnol. hahaha It is fun to try and listen close so that I can understand them :) Actually my companion and I have started a new goal to learn each other’s native languages. So every night after we plan he is reading 5 verses of the Book of Mormon in English and I am reading 5 verses in Spanish and then we have to explain what we read in that language... so far it is going good. We have finished the first chapter of Nephi and we have started the second chapter :P It is going good and I am sure learning a lot :) I do like Spanish but still I think that Portuguese wins out by just a little (sorry Chase and Rachel ;p)

The other day I went on division with one of the assistants. That was interesting. We went to their area and were planning on teaching this one family about the plan of salvation but we ended up teaching about 3 Nephi 11. It was a really good lesson because it was really just a conversation! They were talking and asking questions and we were responding! It is so much better that way because it allows the spirit to testify much stronger because they are obviously interested in what you have to say. I love how it is the simple things that make all the difference.  We were talking about the Book of Mormon and how it was written by the prophets here and the woman said it just never made sense to me that God would only talk to the people over in Jerusalem.  We had the opportunity to testify and say God talks to everyone. He talks to men, women, and children, he loves each and every one of us. We are his children and he wants us to communicate with him as well so that we can return to him. That is the stuff that I like, that is when I can feel the spirit the most, when we share the simple truths of the gospel in a very clear form that nobody can deny. :)

We did some street contacts and we actually got invited to go back to this rich families house :) It was pretty awesome because usually the people in the big houses just talk to us through the intercom and don’t accept. But this guy came out of his house talked to us and offered us some water! It was super cool and now this next Thursday we are going back at 18h00 so wish us luck :) (By wish us luck I mean pray for us and him ;p)

I love you all and I know that this gospel is true! I know that faith is in the action and this gospel is all about that :) I love you all :)


Elder Pachner

No comments:

Post a Comment