Saturday, June 27, 2015

Mosiah 3:19 become as a child

5/23/15

     Well, this week we were focusing on the children :P We stared teaching these kids who had recently been adopted by a family in our ward. Neither Elder Jopia nor I had had much experience teaching children 8-10 years old.  We deiced to do something really easy first to talk about prayer and the spirit. When we went to teach the girls they knew everything about prayer :P One just kept asking if we were going to read more scriptures and the other knew the answer for everything. It was cool because we asked them what can you pray for and they started off with a list: for mom, dad, grandma, our younger brother, for the food, for the doorman...etc. Then we asked when they should pray and they said in the morning before breakfast, before lunch, before dinner, at night, at family home evening. It was amazing :) I really liked it because it just shows us how much influence parents have! They were recently adopted but they are already familiar with all those ways to pray and family home evening. It was just something that I want in my life as well :)





The next thing that happened was that I actually felt like what we do in the office is very helpful.  Some of our investigators are from Ecuador and they had to go to the federal police to ask for residency.  They came into the office and I got all the papers sorted out for them and it was really cool :) 
I got my visa this week :) I now have another year of time in which I can stay in Brazil....mom how would you feel if I extended my mission??

Just kidding ;P I just wanted to mess a little bit :)

We had a cool lesson about faith and Alma 32! We talked about a little word, the ´´if´´.  I counted 13 ifs. It just shows us that our faith is in our actions. The way we act shows our faith and our commitment with God.  It was a really good lesson and it helped the woman who we are teaching so hopefully she will just put it into action :)
Let me think about other stuff....yeah I think that is about it :P we have had a good week this week and I am really learning a lot about discipline, something that I wasn’t so good at before. I think God saved the hardest attribute for my mission for last) but that means that it will be really good when finally get it down ;P
I know that this church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true. I know that little kids are the kingdom of God and as we become like them we will become more like Christ :)
I love you guys with all my heart!

Love, Elder Pachner

No comments:

Post a Comment