Saturday, July 25, 2015

Elder Faithful!‏


7-25-15

Well this week was special! We had a visit from a 70. Elder Leal (faithful in English). It was a super cool experience! We talked a lot about pondering the scriptures and about the spirit. We talked about how we are the tools that the spirit uses to help the other people that God wants for them. It was super cool because Elder Leal asked us to do some practices and then he would do the practice with Pres. Ramilfo as his companion! It was super cool just to see how the spirit worked so well with him. It was interesting to see how comfortable he was speaking with the spirit and how natural it seemed. He always spoke so lovingly to the people in the practices! 
     Then we had a special meeting with him afterwards as the staff. He started off asking each of us what our functions were in the staff and when it was my turn I talked and said that I was training Elder Betts to take my place in the office.  The president’s wife was like “yeah cause he is going home now!!” :P Elder Leal just laughed and then we got down to business. He started to talk to us and it seemed as though that loving manner disappeared!!!! He was like I am going to be tough with you guys because you are the people that president trusts the most or else you wouldn’t be here. You guys need to be the example. You guys are the ones that will take away all the excuses from the other missionaries. Your president has given you guys a goal to baptize one person per month per missionary. You must do that. You are capable. If you aren’t on the road to that now Pray for the spirit to give you inspiration to be able to accomplish it. God hath given no commandment unto the children of men without before preparing a way by which they might accomplish the thing he asked them to do. He said that we are the tone setters, if we can do it everyone else will be able to do it as well. It was a lot of responsibility and is going to require a lot of SPRINTING ;p but I am going to do my very best and a little bit more :) Please pray for us!(Elder Sánez, Elder Sierras, Elder Fernandez, Elder Collett, Elder Betts, Elder Jopia, and I) (that is the whole staff) that we may be able to have the spirit with us and that we can recognize the people who are ready to come unto Christ.
Thank you for all the prayers that you are already giving for us! They really do strengthen and help us to continue in this important work :)

Other things that happened this week, we were teaching a less active family about the Holy Ghost and there was an impression that came to my mind. I felt that I should teach a little about how the Holy Ghost prepares us for the second coming. I felt the spirit really strong as We talked about how if we follow the spirit we will be prepared and sanctified spiritually so that one day we will be able to see our Savior, Jesus Christ. 

We had another good experience with an investigator! She was just saying thank you for all the help that we have given her. It was a really good feeling to just feel that appreciation :) It was a very cool moment because it is kind of hard for me to communicate to her because she speaks Spanish and so sometimes I don’t understand everything that she says but it was just a cool experience :)  Remind me about it when I get home and I will tell you guys the full story :)

I love you guys and I know that Jesus Christ Lives and the he loves each and every one of us. I know that he qualifies us, through his atonement and that is what should comfort us on our lowest days. We will never be alone.


Love, Elder Pachner II

No comments:

Post a Comment