Sunday, July 19, 2015

Extremely Blessed

Extremely Blessed

 7/18/15
 This week I feel blessed. Blessed to be on a mission! Blessed to have you all as a family. Blessed to feel my Savior’s love, blessed to be his son. This week I have learned a little bit about how blessed we have been to be born in this last dispensation where there are more temples, missionaries, members, and blessings than any of the other dispensations. I read a couple talks about the times we live in and their great blessings and I realize that truly Heavenly Father trusts in us a lot to put us in this last dispensation where everything is so much harder, and at the same time so great. 

This week we talked a little with a couple less actives about the importance of reading the scriptures and how it blesses our lives. We read a talk called The power of the Word by Presidente Ezra Taft Benson. It talks about diving into the scriptures, (actually in Portuguese it uses the word mergulhar which means to submerge or like scuba dive in the scriptures ;P) it just showed me that it was never about quantity but about quality! What we get from the scriptures and how we apply it to our lives in much more important that if we read a whole chapter or not :P I honestly have never finished the Book of Mormon in Portuguese (I’m in Alma) but I feel as though I am understanding a whole lot more than I would have got if I just read it fast. I love the scriptures and I love the feeling of excitement as I learn something new and just want to share it with my companions :) The spirit of god is real and it truly with teach us everything through study and through faith.

I have a new comp! His name is Elder Betts! He is from Grand Rapids Michigan. We welcomed him to the staff by having an epic water gun battle in the house....we cleaned really well today ;P It was fun and it helped everyone relax after the audit! Everything went fine with the audit! :)

I know that this church is true and I know that God loves you and I know that He loves me. I know that God reveals his truth to us today through scripture study,  modern day prophets and personal revelation! I love you all so much!! Can’t wait to see you! :)


Love,

Elder Pachner II

No comments:

Post a Comment