Saturday, August 1, 2015

Modern Prophets

8/1/15

 Well this week has truly been blessed :) I am really feeling all the prayers that you guys are saying in my behalf and in behalf of all those who are in the office. We have had an amazing week this week :) This past Sunday we said goodbye to one of our investigators because she was moving back to Ecuador. She actually asked to be baptized the Saturday before she went but because of the complications with sending the papers in between countries President decided that it would be better to wait until she got to Ecuador. She is such an amazing person and she really showed me how to be strong in face of really difficult situations.

This week we have been blessed to find 5 new investigators!! That is how we are seeing your prayers bless the office! We are working really hard to prepare these new people to be baptized soon :) President gave us a new tactic, he told us that we needed to keep our lessons to like 20 min and then leave so that we could come back to visit the people in two days and they wouldn’t think it was too time consuming. It was actually a really inspired counsel because it is working :) We are teaching a man who is literally someone who is searching for the truth but didn’t know where to find it. He was talking to us about how he was going to a bunch of different churches to find the truth and one day he found the missionaries in Itajaí.  Then he moved and came to our ward. We started teaching him and he is already reading the Book of Mormon. He makes very intelligent questions which is great!  “How can I know if someone is a prophet or not?  Is a pastor in this church an apostle or just an inspired man?” GOLD for the missionaries :) :)   Seriously!   I love teaching people like that with all those questions!! He is super cool and he has accepted the invite to be baptized!!! He has already been to church once and we are going to pass by his house this Sunday to walk with him to church! 
The other people we are working with are equally awesome! They are truly a blessing directly linked to all your prayers for us.

This week I felt the spirit as I studied! I read my new favorite talk by Elder Eyring called Going Home....and no it isn’t about trunkiness :P It is about finding our way home to Heavenly Father. It was amazing. I felt the spirit so strongly as I read it.  Then I got to read a talk by President Ezra Taft Benson about President Kimball’s vision of missionary work! It just all clicked when I read that talk! I realized what I had to do, how I could become a better missionary even in this last month that I have here! I know that this church is true! I know that the spirit speaks with us and helps us to know the truth of all things!


Love Elder Pachner II

The sisters bought us wigs!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment