Saturday, July 4, 2015

D&C 29:34-35

7/4/15

This is a scripture that my companion showed to me during the district meeting this week! It made me feel a lot better about everything that we do here in the office. The other day we were studying about what it means to be a missionary of success. I realized that in the office, sure we don’t really get much of a chance to go out and teach, but if we are diligent and most of all Patient with the other missionaries we become missionaries of success :P

This week I made no bake cookies!!! They were super good!! We went out with the members and took them to their neighbors. So far we now have all of the members addicted to peanut butter cookies :)

Well this week we did a bunch of stuff in the office. I am going to receive a new computer and so I was making a digital copy of all the passports and all the other important stuff that I have here!

Also we received some new Americans which was pretty fun! 

We learned a lot about responsibility this week. One of the ladies that we have been teaching told us how hard her life has been and how she always asks for God to show her a light. We talked to her once again about keeping the commandments and how this will bless her and how she will be able to see how this truly is the best thing.  The thing is that when we ask her if she is going to go church and she is like “I don’t know...maybe” and we were like COME PLEASE!! You ask God to show you a way to receive blessings and then you don’t follow when we show you!! Please just come with us and see how it betters your life!!! Unfortunately she still didn’t make any firm decision.  We are going to go to her house tomorrow at 08h30 to walk with her to church. I am hopeful but it just goes to show how everyone has their agency and is able to choose what they want. We even used that scripture with her.  It goes to show how we must take the first steps of faith!

I think that is about it for this week. I know that Christ lives, and that this church is true. I know that the Book of Mormon is true and that Joseph Smith was and is a prophet of God. 


Love, Elder Pachner II

No comments:

Post a Comment