Friday, November 14, 2014

11/11/14

              
Well this week was a pretty crazy week. I got a call from the assistants that I would be a zone leader here in Videira! I am ZL1 and I don’t actually have another ZL here to help me.  My companions name is Elder Mesa! He is from Argentina. He finished his training this past week so this is his first week as a fully trained missionary. He seems to be a really cool guys and he is already speaking Portuguese soo well! It is pretty clear so far that he is going to be a great missionary. We have 6 elders in our apartment.....yeah it is pretty much trashed. They are already searching for a new house because this one is soooo bad! But that’s okay it will all work out in the end, life in just an adventure and on the mission there is no lack of adventure. I traveled about 8 hours by bus to get here and next week I will be traveling by bus back to Floripia (Florianopolis)  for 10 hours just to go to the leadership counsel....alone...because my comp isn’t an ZL which is really weird.  But other than that is should be all good! I am now serving in the mountains! It is super hilly but it should be a good area! It is where the church started in Brazil!!! But it is still a district if that tells you something  ;P

This past week was good! I had some little difficulties with my companion but when I looked back on the whole transfer I realized how much I had grown and how the Lord had prepared me to take on this new job as Zone leader because before I totally was not ready. 
One of the sad things was saying good bye to the adventistas....they cried a lot...it was really sad. Saying good bye to Marcelo and Maeinha, that was super sad as well but it is soo true what one member said. When people enter our lives and then leave again they leave a part of them and take part of us! It sounds a lot prettier in Portuguese ;P but you get the point! It was an interesting experience.
I had one cool experience. Last Sunday was fast and testimony meeting and during this past week one of our investigatores commented that he thought it was strange that everyone bore their testimony about the Book of Mormon and about Joseph Smith. So I thought about that and when I prepared the training I prepared about chapter 12 helping your investigator keep the commandments. It talks about bearing your testimony and I also read a wonderful talk by Elder Holland called Missionary work and the atonement. It talks about how we must bear our testimonies about Christ! It was something that I realized. I can understand how others could get confused and think that we worship Joseph Smith because there are some people who only bear testimony of him. I learned that we must bear our testimony about Christ; that he lives that he loves us and that he is our personal savior! It was a good experience and I felt the spirit very strongly as I bore my testimony on the living Christ.
That was my week I forgot a lot of things but I promise that I will try my best to remember this next week!
I know that Christ Lives. I know that he loves us so much! Here on the mission I have the privilege to see that love change the lives of so many people. As a priesthood holder I get to feel that love as I give others blessings in his name! I know that Christ is the Savior of Mankind and that only through him can we be saved.
Love, Elder Pachner

No comments:

Post a Comment