Monday, August 25, 2014

7/21/14

7/21/14                                                                                          


This week has been wonderful!!!!!!!! I cannot even believe how amazing this p-day has been!! This is one of the best things in the world to hear that someone that you had been teaching has been baptized! I will never forget this! It truly brings joy to my heart and makes me feel as though I am doing what the Lord would do.

This was interesting! We had a very interesting experience. We met a Nehor. which was a very interesting experience. Our appointment had just fallen and I was trying to think of something else to do.  The thought came to go to this mans  house....so we did. We went there and he called us in very nicely and started talking to us. He was a returned missionary who was now in active for about 30 years so we wanted to hear what happened....so he asked us
“elders do you want to know why I went in active”  I told him sure and then he told me he had had some questions about the church that had never been answered. And then he started to talk a brought up his questions.  Obviously I will not write his questions just as the writers of the book of Mormon did not write what Nehor said to the people. Let us leave it with He used the reasoning of men to try and persuade us that the church was not true. I let him talk and then I told him my thoughts. I said I do not know the answers to your questions but I know one thing I know that Joseph Smith was a Prophet of God. That he saw God the Father and his son Jesus Christ. I know that the Book of Mormon is true! I know this because I feel the spirit testify to me every single time I read or testify of it. I know that I am a representative of Jesus Christ here on the earth and of his true church. I know these things and that is what all your questions come down to...Wither you believe that Joseph truly was called of God. I felt the spirit very strongly as I bore my testimony to him. I realized how bad I had been feeling while he was talking....However unfortunately he brushed off what I had said and continued to try and break our faith. In the end we left. Immediately as we left I asked my companion how he was and if he was okay and he told me that it had actually strengthened his testimony. I was very glad to hear that. As we walked away I began to sing Joseph´s First Prayer and the spirit testified again to me that it is all true and that Heavenly Father really did appear to Joseph in the sacred grove.

I am so grateful for God and for the many blessings that he gives me! I am grateful that he strengthened my faith through this experience! 

I love you all and I bear you my testimony that Christ lives and that he loves each and every one of us. In his sacred name, Jesus Christ amen.

Love, Elder Pachner


No comments:

Post a Comment