Sunday, July 6, 2014

06/30/2014

6/30/2014

    This week I had some really cool experiences! On Tuesday we were going up to work in a different neighborhood and we were passing by the port, when some random guy walked up to us and asked me if I could speak English. I told him that I could and then he asked me to help him buy a service chip for his cell phone. He told me that he couldn’t speak any Portuguese that he was actually from one of the cargo ships and was only in Brazil for one day. So we went to the first shop and they said that the service company was down and that there was another shop pretty far way that we could try. I was thinking and I almost gave up on the guy but I decided to continue trying to help him so we went to the other shop! We tried everything we could think of and finally after about 3 hours of translating we finally got it figured out! It was actually pretty funny! Because I would sit there and talk to the lady helping us in Portuguese and then she would respond and ask me to ask the man a question and I would look at the guy and start speaking to him....until my companion would hit me and tell me that I was talking to him in Portuguese!!!! I figure I must just be going crazy now ;P  But anyways we finally got it all worked out and he wanted to go buy us a beer so I told him we were Mormons and he was like what and I was like Mormon and he was like what and I was like we don’t drink and he what like what????  So we just went out and drank some coke and then he went back to his ship. It was pretty cool because latter I was talking about it with Elder William and I said that it would be cool when he gets back home (Montenegro, Europe) he will see missionaries there and will think about us here in Brazil and then he will go and talk to them.  As I said that I felt the spirit testify to me that it was true and that really is what was going to happen. It was a cool experience to be part of a man’s conversion process just helping him with a cell phone :P  It just goes to show you never know when the Lord will throw someone in your way to have them get to know the gospel through you.

     Um I was attacked by a dog...But I beat it away with my umbrella! I was up at the fence clapping (that is how we knock doors here) and the dog popped out of nowhere and jumped at me and so I hit him with the umbrella and then his owner came out and grabbed him.
    Brazil beat Chile!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   I yelled myself horse but it was still an okay thing :)

I love you all and hope that you are all doing alright :)

Love, Elder Pachner

No comments:

Post a Comment