Friday, June 6, 2014

5/12

5/12/14
So I am trying to send you guys a bunch of pictures if it doesn’t work I am super sorry :P Anyways by reques,t I will retell the Abinadi story :P So The other day I was reading in Mosiah chapter 18. I started off by asking the Lord to help me learn something that I had never thought of before and as I was studying I realized that Alma and Abinadi had been teaching at the same time to the exact same people so the thought came to my mind....why did Alma have so much success (450) and Abinadi had so little (1)? This caught my attention and as I was thinking about it the answer was given to me....It is because Alma was the friend of the people.  Yes he had been wicked for a long time but the people still knew him very well and they trusted him. Abinadi was just some stranger who came to them telling them that they needed to repent, whereas Alma had once been their leader and teacher. Abinadi are the missionaries, strangers that come up to your door and tell you to repent and members and like Alma, trusted friends who have much more power of friendship than the missionaries ever will! 
I went to the beach today to run with my companion and it was beautiful! I am super duper excited to be here ;) I cannot wait to see what this next week has in store for me :) 
I love you all and I hope that you guys have a great rest of the week :)
I love you, Elder Pachner

No comments:

Post a Comment