Thursday, October 16, 2014

10/13/14

10/06/14
 This week was interesting. I received a new companion.  His name is Elder Tineo he is from Peru. He is actually a pretty cool guy and I am really hoping that this transfer will go well for us!! 

General conference....That was a really good general conference! I really liked all the talks about receiving personal revelation and testimonies.  It was so good! I really liked it because one of the speakers used one of my favorite scriptures.  Alma 5: 45-46.  It is about how we know all these things and how he gained his testimony! It was through a lot of prayer and fasting. Testimonies amaze me. It is something so very special and life changing but at the same time something extremely simple to get. All we have to do is ask, seek, and knock. It is something so incredibly simple but at the same time it seems as though difficult to some. We invite people not to believe in our words but to ask God. It is something simple and to the world it looks weak and small but to us it makes all the difference. It changes how we act, what we say, and who we are.

 I am thankful for your testimonies that always brought our family through the tough times. I am grateful for my mission for my new found testimony of the gospel and of the savior Jesus Christ. I love you all with all my heart! I love this gospel!   I know it is true. I have felt the spirit testify everyday on the mission that this gospel is true. I have felt it and still feel it now as I write.
Love,
Elder Pachner

                      Well this week I had a really good week and all is well on the eastward front...haha seeing as I am farther east than you guys....Yeah I know it was a dumb joke but it’s okay because I am forgetting my English so it doesn’t have to be good. 

This week we had the bomb diggity of a district meeting. It was a really fun topic. I talked about fear! Yup it was actually really fun and I asked everyone what is fear, like the definition and everyone was like  ummmm its a feeling that you don’t like.  Then we went to 1 John 4:18 where it says that it is a lack of love. It was a really good message about how we need to love all the other people and how we need to talk to all the other people. I asked them...are you afraid to tell your family that you love them?  Everyone said of course not and then I said great because everyone around us are our brothers and sisters, literally, and the only difference is that we just can’t remember all the experiences and fun times we had with them. So let’s go tell them that we love them by sharing the only message that can truly bring them happiness in their lives. It was fun :) I love that about doing the district meeting and learning new things and about feeling the spirit as I teach! :) Also I would like to make a challenge to all of you guys. Talk to one of your friends about the Book of Mormon or the church. Every day we see people passing by and who knows but that we could be the ones that they need to accept the gospel.

Anyways I really love the mission and I promise that everything is going well :) I am just at a hammering point right now. But I trust in the forger’s hand. He knows the limits of the metal and will take it to its limits of flexibility and strength but afterwards it becomes a sword that very rarely breaks under the pressure. 

I know that my redeemer lives! I know that he sent me to this family for a purpose and I am so glad that he did. I love you guys so very much! I pray for you every day and I pray for you guys individually at times! I promise I am trying my best here on the mission and I am becoming much more than I was. I am learning so much but one of the things I am learning the most is to be so very grateful for the family that I have. I love you guys. I wish I could send hugs and kisses over the internet but I don’t think that works....but I will try. :P


Love, Elder Kade Joseph Pachner

No comments:

Post a Comment