Tuesday, September 9, 2014

9/8/2014

This week it rained....and rained...and rained!!! But good things do come from rain!  

Another cool experience that happened this week is that we talked to our other investigator in the neighborhood são paulo and we taught her about the restoration of the church :) It was fun because she asked why every other church seemed to gang up against our church and say weird things that weren’t true. I was very straight with her and I was like do you remember the church in revelations?  The church of God that all the other churches were against....yeah we are that church :) It was good because she understood and this week she should be coming to church with us!!!!! :)

This week during district meeting I taught about accountability. It was a good topic and it was amazing to see how the Lord had helped me do all of the different trainings during district meeting so that they would all be linked in the end....I don’t know if that makes sense....I think it does. But yeah it was a really good training and I felt the spirit so it was what the Lord wanted me to do :)

One thing that I love about the mission is that you are constantly learning new ways to teach the same lesson. The other day we at this less actives house and I started teaching about the man who built his house on the rock and I was just teaching normally when the inspired question came to my brain....what does our house protect? Our house protects our family and that is the real reason why we must have our lives centered on Christ because if our families are centered on Christ no matter how hard the wind blows and the rains pound upon the house  it will  not fall and our families will be safe. I love that. It is so true and it was something that I had never thought of before and something that I had never heard of before and I know that it did not come from me but it truly came from the Holy Ghost who knew what would help the man at the time. It just amazes me at times because as of myself I knew almost nothing but with the spirit guiding my thoughts and words I can do everything.

I love you all so very much! And I am so grateful for all the work and effort that you guys put in so that our family can be safe and dry on top of the rock.




Love, Elder Pachner

No comments:

Post a Comment