Sunday, April 6, 2014

Letters from 3/24/14 and 3/31/14

     This week was really cool!  We have found many investigators and they should all be progressing but really Satan is against our work so none of our investigators are going to church!  One was literally walking to church when she got a call from her sister that she needed to go to her house so she didn’t end up going!!!  It is frustrating especially when we are teaching the best we have ever taught!
      It was the funniest thing in the world! We were teaching this family and the 12 year old boy wasn’t understanding so Elder Schoen starting explaining it in dragon ball z form! So prophets are like freza which the god sent to the earth and Jesus is like Goku....it was the funniest thing I have heard on my mission! I started to die laughing! It was the best lesson we have ever taught! really the spirit was there with alot of force and it was amazing!
     So something I learned this week is that my testimony of the Book of Mormon is a little different!  I was talking to a less active and we were asking him to read the Book of Mormon and pray about it and he told us that he had already done that and that he didn’t feel like that he should if he already asked....So I thought about how I knew the gospel was true....and how really I had read the Book of Mormon 3 or 4 times before I actually new It was true because I never actually wanted to know...I didn’t have real intent like Moroni says that we need!   I just felt the spirit really strongly and I am actually very grateful for who I am!  I am happy for the different way I can testify about the Book of Mormon! I am very grateful for the spirit! Truly we feel the spirit in all that we do and I know without it we could not teach!!



3/31/14

This week we had some really cool experiences!  I recieved a revelation while thinking about a lesson that we had given earlier that day.  We had gone to our recent convert’s house and started a new program called 4 which enables us to get 4 references! It was pretty great but during the lesson I had be inspired to promise him that if he prayed before choosing the names to give us He would receive inspiration on which of his friends to put on the list. As I was thinking about this later I was thinking about the promise that I made him...and then I received the inspiration that really when we make promises like that we are really prophesying because we are telling what will happen in the future...true it is a conditional future but when you look in the Book of Mormon you will also see that some of the prophesies are conditional. I just always thought of the spirit of prophesy in the scriptures as something that only the prophets and men of really strong faith had but I realized in that revelation that it can be as simple as a promise made by a simple missionary. It was a very interesting experience something that I will not soon forget.

Also we had to cut one of our investigators.... he has a problem with about all the commandments and we went there and he was actually really high on cocaine.  First he tried to lie to us and say he wasn’t high but we both knew he was lying and pretty much it ended  with him saying the flesh is stronger than the spirit!  It just shows how much you limit your agency when you get involved with bad things!  But we both felt that we should cut him so we did.

     I was told that I was part of the CIA the other day!!  That was actually pretty funny!   We were looking for a less active but when we knocked on the door an old man came out.  He told us that he moved in after the lady so we decided to make a contact and talk to him about the church.  He said he was of no religion but he believed in God but not in Jesus as the son of God but as just some cool guy that did miracles.  He believed in reincarnation and that the bible was completely false even though he then used it in his argument against us...but anyways at the end of the conversation he told Elder Schoen that I was deceiving him that I was a CIA agent and that I was brain washing him.  It was very interesting.....sometimes I just don’t even understand where people get these ideas! He said that our religion was not logical so we asked for him to explain his logic....he never explained and started talking about how I was sending in reports.....but yeah it was pretty funny!
     There is one thing that you guys could do for me! I am sure that you are already doing it but please pray for our investigators, specifically that they will be able to go to church!!!!   We are having problems getting them to come there but hopefully it will happen this week!!!!
I love you all!! I am so glad that you all are safe!
Abraço e Beijos,

Love, Elder Pachner


No comments:

Post a Comment