Tuesday, April 22, 2014

4/22/14 Letter

All, Just a reminder that if you want to email Elder Pachner please send it to: 
kade.pachner@myldsmail.net.

 I'm going to start the blog today with a note from Eber & Bianca Beck, members in the area that Elder Pachner is serving in.
Warm Regards, Chris

Letter from the Eber & Bianca Beck:
Dear Pachner Family, Congratulations for raising this amazing missionary, Elder Pachner. Our family love him and his companion, Elder Schoen! It is a pleasure to us having them as missionaries in our ward. They have been working hard here at our ward. Last week we worked together to help a friend of mine in his preparation to be baptized on this last Saturday.

After the Baptismal meeting, Elder Pachner, Elder Schoen, a family of investigators, another member of our ward, my wife and I went to a pizzeria. Our intentions when we scheduled it was to say goodbye to Elder Schoen. We thought that he would be transferred. This family of investigators and the other member are attending the English classes at the Church. However, we received the news that none of them would be transferred!!! That was GREAT, and we went to the pizzeria anyways to celebrate it !!!

Sincerely, Eber and Bianca Beck.



 (Elder Pachner is on left side at back of table) 


 Letter from Elder Pachner:

Alrighty! I will start off with a really weird story :P Yesterday we were in Floripa (Florianopolis) and this reggae hippy dude walked up and wanted to give us all hugs! I gave him a handshake but then my friend gave him a hug so I was kinda obligated to hug him....it wasn’t the best hug I ever received! Then he asked for some money but he was really funny about it so we gave him some and then he hugged us all again and kissed us on the cheek with his nasty beard....................Yeah.............It was really strange! But it was pretty funny too! Anyways the Brazilian people are really more touchy feely than Americans usually are.

Anyways, we have had some cool things happen this week as well! We had the baptism of an investigator from Serrirhia ward. We use the same chapel and Elder Schoen is district leader so we set up the chapel for the other elders :) It was really cool! He is really going to be a great member of the church and he is thinking about going on a mission!

OUR INVESTIGATORS WENT TO CHURCH!!! Well at least two of them went to church! But it is a start! It is awesome! I feel as though this area will actually start to progress! :)

 I did learn something this last transfer. I learned that you can work as hard as you can but that doesn’t mean anyone is going to get baptized. Baptisms truly are not the measure of success on a mission. If you are feeling the Spirit and you feel that God has accepted your work then you know that you are truly having success on your mission.


 (Elder Pachner (left) and Elder Schoen (right)) 

Um one more thing....am I forgetting anything......I don’t thing soo.....ohhhh now I remember.....

 Happy Birthday DAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 I hope you have a wonderful day! I love you so very much! I have learned so much from you and I am so very proud to be able to claim you as my dad! I am doing my best to honor our name here and I promise I will carry on your legacy of Hard work and Faith! I love you so much and I just want to let you know that I miss you so much and more than ever I am so grateful that God allowed me to have a dad like you! Love you dad!!!

Anyways, I love you all and I hope that you all have a great week!! :) I know I will. Love, Elder Pachner

No comments:

Post a Comment